Achieving Voice Lift in Large Meeting Rooms and Lecture Halls with Beamforming Ceiling Microphone Arrays
PART I of II
With the launch of the BMA 360 in 2020 and its breakthrough technologies, FiBeam and DsBeam, the demand for Voice-Lift applications is met with a solution that guarantees new levels of speech intelligibility in larger spaces. FiBeam™ technology gives users the ultimate in natural and full fidelity audio across all beams and within a single beam. Deep Sidelobe Beamforming, DsBeam™, provides unparalleled sidelobe depth, below -40 dB, resulting in superior rejection of reverb and noise in difficult spaces for unrivaled superb clarity and intelligibility.
Previously, ceiling mic arrays for conferencing and voice-lift applications required microphones, DSP units, amplifers, and speakers from various manufacturers, and these systems weren’t producing enough gain before feedback—a very unsatisying experience for end users. The BMA 360 provides Voice-Lift technology, built-in audio processing, and multi-channel amplifiers, with consumption of fewer DSP resources to directly address all these prior challenges and is exactly what the market has been searching for.
The BMA 360 is a straightforward solution to address customer needs with higher gains than ever thought possible. This new level of beamforming mic array technology is now part of multiple solution designs that support conferencing, collaboration, voice lift, and camera tracking.
Critical factors to consider when designing Voice-Lift solutions
- Single system supporting conferencing, voice lift, and camera tracking
- Multiple mounting options for easy installation and clutter-free cabling and appearance
- Automatic operation – microphone to be engage without the need of an operator
- Both presenter and participants should have hands-free communication with touchless audio
- Ability to assigning priority for a presenter area, to override other participants in the room